Beets aren’t just for thanksgiving dinner. They are chock full of anti-oxidants that are good for us and they taste great! Here’s a simple way to work these into your diet that’s fast and easy to prepare.
-large handful of spinach chopped
-4-5 grape tomatoes (sliced)
– 4-5 baby carrots (chopped)
-large handful of shoestring beets (You can find these in your stores produce section.)
-Steak—round, petite sirloin, London broil, any cut will do. This is also a great dish to utilize leftovers.
-1/2 cup 4% milk fat cottage cheese
-Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (to taste)
-Black Pepper to taste
- Rinse spinach, pat dry and chop into strips.
- Rinse Carrots and Tomatoes, slice tomatoes into thin wedges and chop carrots into small pieces.
- Drain and rinse shoestring beets.
- Warm steak in microwave.
- Add all ingredients to your salad bowl except cottage cheese and pepper, using a pair of salad tongs mix all ingredients together.
- Add cottage cheese and pepper
- Dive in, cause dinner’s ready!