The secret to this recipe is making the nut mix early and allowing the dressing to marinate with the nuts and craisins you add.
-1 cup of pecans, sunflower seeds, almonds and walnuts
-small handful of reduced sugar craisins
-dollop of balsamic vinaigrette
-2 cups broccoli (I prefer frozen.)
-handful of baby carrots
-handful of grape tomatoes
-1/2 and avocado
-2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
The night before:
- Pour 1 cup each of pecans, almonds and sunflower seeds into your blender
- add a small handful of craisins and dollop of balsamic vinaigrette
- Blend at high speed for 2-3 minutes make sure you stop a couple of times to move things around so everything gets chopped up
- Refrigerate for later use.
The day of:
- Warm the broccoli in the microwave and then set out to cool.
- Rinse carrots and tomatoes, chop carrots and slice tomatoes and avocado into thin wedges
- Add carrots, tomatoes, avocado and dressing to broccoli and mix well.
- Top with ½ to 1 cup of nut mix and you’re done.
While I recommend making the nut mix before hand, I’ve had this numerous times right after blending and always had a great meal. Give it a try and tell me what you think! I guarantee it will fill you up and provide you with plenty of energy to plow through your day.